Saturday, August 8, 2026

What u know about the Odyssey?

 

What u know T.I.?

https://youtu.be/BjrF1-Qjt14?si=bb2qBeflNr1zXgOC



I don't know much about Homer's Odyssey I never read it. All I really know is it features Achilles and Troy not much at all. I also understand Alexander the Greek loved Achilles but I totally don't know much about any of it. Neither Christopher Nolan, don't know squat. 


However, the bus union gives me two free movie tickets every two years and whiffy is keen to see it so we might watch it tonight.


One review I saw on YouTube was gushing about this movie, said it was five stars. 


Moments later....

Ok T.I. possibly knows more about the Odyssey with Matt Damon because the cinema was BOOKED OUT! I haven't seen a movie on the big screen in a long time and didn't expect it to be booked out but it was booked out so couldn't watch it.


Still by the time the Chatswood hoyts folks had sent us on to the Mandarin cinema (there are two hoyts cinemas at Chatswood), we had already spent $20 on a pathetic box of popcorn and giant soda just serving to make me even fatter. Unnecessarily. Already quite fat towards the end of winter as zero lawnmowing actually happening.


In order to feel ok about paying that much for the stupid popcorn and soda I need to trick my mind I to thinking it was amazing popcorn and soda (it wasn't).....


Amazing....

https://youtu.be/_x6qcdXMn5g?si=es8c20i4J2GjcIf-



Hey that popcorn wasn't great but Stan is really delivering. First Alan Colmes on MTV ghosted or whatever, now "All American", snooty black people (non Indian/Hindu) in Beverley Hills with football team high school high society plus a bunch of snooty lesbian women (Matt Damon would absolutely excel as an African American lesbian women in All American, but we're not ready for blackface yet as a society, maybe in 2126.


Man it's good bus driving today, I'm getting paid to watch All American and this morning it was Bondi beach to Bondi junction City to surf bus runs. Imagine you were Albert Einstein and you reincarnated as a non new shmuch in Liverpool, a kind of Crenshaw in Sydney, you'd shlepp all the way out to the Pacific coast for the city to surf with the folks from your office for sure. It's a Sydney tradition. That's pretty random but it gives you a sense of the tradition of the 9 mile fun run. 





No comments:

Post a Comment